Uttar Pradesh State Road and Transport Corporation, UPSRTC offers online registration for RFID based smart cards. These are MST Bus Passes that looks like a debit card/credit card. User details, travel route, expiry date and other essential information is stored in an electronic chip installed in the UPSRTC Smart Card. Conductor can check the card details by inserting it into the EVIM Machine.
There are three types of UPSRTC Bus passes that one can get from authorized POS Centers. They are Sugam-MST for General People, Sugam-MST for Students, and Open ended. The first two card comes with a validity of 1 month, whereas the last card comes with a validity of 5 years.
How to Apply for MST Pass – UPSRTC Smart Card
- First of all, register for a MST pass at any of the convenient Point Of Sale (PoS) located at various important Bus Stands in the City. Please note that you have to visit personally to the POS center.
- Submit personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Address at the counter
- The operator will capture your photo
- Give him details about the type of bus pass, and travel route.
- Based on your route, MST Pass Fare & charges will be calculated automatically
- Pay the charges to the operator
- Collect a receipt for the same
- The RFID Bus pass shall be activated along with the Dispatch receipt containing RFID pass Number, expiry date, and details of the pass owner.
You must keep the receipt along with the RFID pass while travelling in the buses. The conductor or line checking staff may ask you to show the same anytime of travel. Once your card reaches the expiry date, get it renewed at the same POS center.
UPSRTC Smart Card Status
Click on the link given-above to check UPSRTC Smart Card Status. You need not visit the POS center to check the pending status of your application. Just enter your Card Number and click on Check Button. In case of query, dial upsrtc helpline number 1-800-180-2877
Uttar Pradesh Government Schemes keeps on benefiting common man and services like UPSRTC Smart Cards add more value to such schemes.